My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Keeping My Goals..... Nike's Human + 10k Run


I've made this year all about achieving goals, achieving and conquering many feats/accomplishments, and jumping on the bandwagon with my rightful pursuits' to happiness; today, wasn't any different. August 31st was a day to remember as my friend Chrissy and I participated in Nike's Human 10k race run that was ran throughout the world. Much of my inspiration of course is due to my father who is fighting cancer (I love you dad). For me, this was the first time that I traveled outside of the U.S. and ran in Vancouver, B.C. to join the rest of the world in raising funds for charitable causes. I had no complaints. Besides would you if you received some warm Canadian hospitality, toured a beautiful foreign country (only four hour drive he he), enjoyed some free food and concert entertainment, received 2 massages (one before and one after the race) and more importantly kicked butt in a race? That's right ... I ran this bad boy in approximately 7 1/2 minute average. Woop Woop!! The most impressive part in all of this is that my friend Chrissy joined in all on the fun while not even preparing beforehand. Now that takes some guts.
P.S. I put aside some assumptions about Canadians. I was expecting a bunch of people running around in flannels and axes, talking to each other ending their sentences in 'eh'. But instead, I realized that Vancouver is about 70 percent of Asian decent. I did, however, hug the first Canadian that I heard that come out of his/her mouth! Faraz... if your listening you rock!