My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 25, 2008

And this is what Christmas is all about....

It was a little bit tough not seeing Ashli for about two weeks, as school was closed because of snow and Ashli's school Christmas break being upon us. But, as I picked her up from her mom's house, some 60 miles away, I prepared her for disappointment as we uproached my house to open up her gifts, "You know Ashli Papi wasn't able to get you what you wanted this year (Nintendo DS). Papi is poor and couldn't afford much for your gifts... do you still love me?" She, unhesistantly, replied appropriately, but I could tell that she really wanted more. I don't make it a habit giving her most of what she wants but this year was different. As she had finished opening all of her gifts, her loving all of them of course, I asked her to help me open my two little gifts, that supposedly were for me. This was the reaction that made Christmas worthwhile...




If Bobby Thomson hit the 'Shot Heard Round the World' causing an uproar amongst baseball fans on October 3, 1951, Ashli definitely hit the 'Shot Heard Round her Dad's Heart' with her reaction. My Christmas, this year, wasn't special because of what I was able to give my little one, but by Ashli's presence and her ability to make me smile, giving me the satisfaction that life with her is my reward for being her dad. I Love ya Ashli and Merry Christmas!

X-Mas love, Pics!

4 comments:

Princess said...

Awww...so adorable :)

~*Autumn*~ said...

That is priceless and I'm glad you were able to capture it on video. Merry Christmas Armando!

Anonymous said...

That video is so sweet. She is definatly a cutie. That was a good idea for the present. I'll have to use that sometime. :0)

~ Cindy Lou ~ said...

That annonymous post was me btw, I wasn't sure how to use this blog stuff;0)