My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tears in My Eyes



Trying to figure out this whole new full-time dad routine, I decided it would be a good idea to make lunches instead of being lazy and pay the school to do it. As my daughter took the initiative to make her lunch she prepared one for me as well. I was distracted when I heard her say "How much is it for soda's at your work?", I briefly replied, not giving much thought to it, ".75cents". Then next day, I was having a tough day and realized maybe Ashli's little lunch preparation will cheer me up. Well it did... a bologne sandwich, chex mex, lunch was just what I needed. But it didn't end there. I noticed that she had taken $1.50 cents out of her 'piggy bank' in a plastic bag. How can you beat that? Let's just say that my day went well.

2 comments:

irish1113 said...

That is sooooo cute! You must be doing something right, probably a lot of things. ;) Don't forget about Spring Training! :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe how thoughtful that is for Ashli to do. Kids are the best blessings in life. You have an amazing little girl it looks like... and she's not going to be little forever, so continue to enjoy those moments! :)