My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Re-Energized


Having lost two people too close to home, I decided to take a trip to California and just get away. My get-away turned into one great road trip. In my exodus I was able to enjoy a 5 nights stay with my mother & Eli, 2 blocks away from Capitola beach. In my voyage I was able to visit the Thomas Kinkade art store along the Capitola Beach and learn about his paintings; I was able to enjoy the Santa Cruz Boardwalk with Ashli, embarking on some cool roller coaster rides; I was ab le to see Barry Zito stink it up at the San Francisco Giants game, before the All-Star Break in one of the most remarkable baseball fields ever built; I was able to walk along the Golden Gate Bridge; partake of some good food @ the In & Out Burger; I was able to enjoy Pier 39, Ghirardelli's Chocolate Factory in San Francisco; I was able to shoot some guns at the driving range with some friends in San Jose; visit my friends & their kids in Gilroy, and caught up with some eternal friends/family in Sacramento (I schooled them at the driving range, had to represent Oregon.)

What's interesting is that I felt at home after 12 years and in my journey felt re-energized. I didn't want to come back to Oregon and neither did Ashli. In the process, I've grown closer to my family and friends, and am anticipating another trip soon!

Only regrets: Not spending time this round with my sister, and forgetting my shoes as I was going to run across the Golden Gate Bridge. To the moon. Looks like I'll have to come back, soon.


Click Here For Pictures July 11-18th

No comments: