I was in the office one week ago when my boss brings in a handheld GPS system and introduces me to Geocaching. For those who don't know what this is I well tell you...Pure fun! People hide 'caches' or 'hidden treasures' all over the world. These hidden caches can be found in your neck of the woods or throughout the world by using global satellite coordinates. When GPS users enter the coordinates into these handheld systems, the GPS can guide you with
in feet of these hidden objects, containers, etc.
Its not so much what you find that's astonishing as is the fact that you learn how much you missed out on in your very own backyard. I've lived here in Oregon for 10 years, and have never seen certain trails, views, as I have in the last week while Geocaching. This weekend, in the pursuit of these treasures, we hiked through the spirals of the Hoyt arboretorium trails, pioneered through the Rose Gardens, and visited Portland's infamous suicide bridge. Besides enjoying the beautiful weather, we had a squirrel eat out of our hands, and met a Russian painter on the side of road. Interested in learning more? ... check out the website. Geocaching Link
~Special thanks to the Portlander who started this craze 8 years ago... ooops.. read the link.



3 comments:
Sounds like fun...I want to go sometime :)
I want to do this!
What is the famous Vancouver suicide bridge? I have never heard of it... I guess you have to be a Vancouverian to know about it!
That definitely sounds interesting and fun! Treasure hunt for adults :)
Post a Comment