Saturday, May 3, 2008
More Interesting on Paper
So, I've too have been the culprit (many moons ago) of openly being frustrated with my life. Yup, like many, I used to say that 'my life sucks'. But that was in the past... life is good. In the last 2-3 years my life has changed dramatically. Some good and bad, but, during the journey I can honestly say that I truly love my life. The other day, was a challenge to my optimism however. I was chatting with a couple of people online, who were younger than me and I noticed that they had done so much more in their lives' than I had. I realized, at that moment that I just turned 30 and what have I really done in my life? What fun places and fun activities have I seen or done? For the next 2 hours I found myself engulfed in a project digging through my memory banks in search of events in my life. Next thing I knew I had entered columns on a spreadsheet: places lived (accompanied by date etc.), places visited (city, state, year), landmarks visited, tourist spots visited, airports flown in, hobbies, etc..... To make my story short my life is full of experiences on paper. Heck, I feel as though I'm interesting (lol). So, lately, whenever I hear people say 'my life sucks' or 'my life is boring' I encourage (I encourage you to do the same)them to write down similar endeavors/achievements and share what they've done in life. What's cool about these lists is if people still aren't happy with accomplishments or places traveled, who's to say that they can't make the list longer? Again, life is good. Explore it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Age is only a number.....you are only as old as you feel ;)
Post a Comment