My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 20, 2008

"IZ" Continues to live!


Lately, I've been enjoying listening to covers sang by ordinary 'Joe's', like you and I, on the internet. In doing so, Thursday, I stumbled across a song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that was redone by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. As I sat and listened to his music, my soul became enthralled with his talented voice. If I would've ever seen this man on the street, who at one point weighed just above 760 lbs, I don't think that I would have ever guessed that this man had such a soothing, angelic voice. Yup, that's right IZ drew quite the gathering as his loyal fans absolutely adored him. Quickly, though, I became saddened to learn about his passing in 1997. But in the processs, I was touched by this man who wasn't afraid to pursue one of his gifts; his gift for music. I became grateful that he was able to spiritually speak to me almost a decade after his death, through his lyrics. (I don't want to give it away because I'm hoping you'll read the link about his life that I've provided). Learning about Israel made me ponder about the talents that I possess that may positively effect someone's life! I don't know this yet, but I'm excited to try! I want to give Israel a shout out-Big "IZ" if you're listening I've got mad love for ya' big guy! My Thursday night was definitely a memorable one.

1 comment:

kickenchica said...

I have heard his song before. It is awesome to see someone who on the outside might be judged so strongly, have such a beatiful gift and spirit and for that to spread and touch others even after their passing. You are always so good at finding the great and little appreciations and joys to life. You are a cool guy A.
Love ya back and miss ya.