My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 7, 2009

When life is burdening you down...get out to the hot springs!



Life was becoming cumbersome and I asked my friend Kristin if she wanted to help me get out of my mini slump. So, I decided to show her the hot springs near Estacada, Oregon, to get my mind off things. As we got to the exit, leading to the trail, we found out quick that Kristin's little Subaru wasn't going to make it far up the snowy trail. As we proceeded to hike up a destined, 6 mile, uphill trail, our trip became more interesting. We met Crazy Will and his girlfriend, who came to our rescue in a truck hitching a ride with them. We also met a couple 1 day newlywed couple that were experiencing the hot springs for the first time. As we drove, I think Will was a little bit high, but as the saying goes "If your in the bed of the truck already while the car is moving, you're stuck" Things got more interesting as well. I'm thinking we're going to the springs that have solitary booths or springs with some privacy, but 'oh no' there was only one location and there were 8-10 people present that had beat us there. Ya, I could tell that they were some seasoned, naturalist hot springers if you get my drift. Ya, lets just say I had to turn around a whole lot. (Trust me the sight was not good) All in all, the company was good though. We had a comedian in the 'pool' and the water was just right; 70-120 degrees depending on how you liked it. The trip was made by the fact that I was out of my comfort zone,yet, I was able to enjoy people's company even if they had some different standards. A reunion will be in a place soon!

More Pictures click here

1 comment:

Princess said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip... it is amazing what you can learn about people in such a short period of time :)