OK, you think that receiving your misspelled name in a letter is annoying or frustrating? Let me tell you what I've experienced with mine! Being referred to as " " or " " is hilarious. Being misnamed so much it becomes entertaining to see how many different names people attempt to remember you by. And, whenever I hear a new name I get excited and text my friends at work. I have been referred to as the following;
Ramone, Pablo, Eduardo, Raymond, Orlando, Armandillyando (one of my favorites), Gonzo (by many), Alonzo, Juando, Mando (love this one, makes me feel like family), Roberto, Armand, Armani, Armadillo, Hernando, Harmond, "Airmando", Fernando, Mango, Antonio, Antwone, Pablo, Heraldo, Arrrrmando
Funniest events that I've had were:
1)Teacher in one of my classes asked my name and started spelling my name Ramando
2) Everytime that someone says "Amanda", I automatically turn around. Must be because I've been known as Amanda at least in one situation at each of my previous four employers.
Well I guess I could be called worse (lol, and I have, but ya, I'd like to hear some of your crazy, mistaken names)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That's hilarious! I only have a couple. People always mix up Jessica and Jennifer, Jess and Jen, so when I first meet people they often mistake me as Jen or Jennifer. Also, I often think someone is talking to me when they say "yes" because it rhymes, and that's how my name sounds with an accent sometimes.
Also, our kids are Selah and Hyrum which we sometimes shorten to "Se" (see or C) and Hy. One day I realized that our kids are Hy-C, like the drink. Yeah, didn't plan that one. Ha ha. Not nearly as good as yours.
Hey Mando,
This is so funny to read after we were just talking about names. I remember you getting called, "Gonzo" before but I don't think I ever asked why.
I have the same problem as Jess mentioned (btw, Jess still has two "s" for me from that period of our life) ... if someone says "estimate" or "establish," I jump.
Hilarious! I guess I should have been keeping track of all the "mistaken" names I've been referred to as. Great Blog!
Post a Comment