My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 15, 2009

When life gets stale run a 15k Run

When life gets stale get up and run a 15k run; that's my motto this week and I'm sticking to it. Well, I didn't prepare for the Shamrock run when invited to it but you know, have you ever felt as if you had to do something to push yourself or just to see what limits you could reach? This was mine... and as soon as I completed this run without stopping, I knew that I was back to my normal self. I knew that after my life's little slump, I became the confident, being a risk taking, not failing and giving into a challenge person that I knew that I could be. In running up some hills in the rain, and being passed by a female and her two kids in a stroller, lol, I knew that I wasn't alone. I knew that this was a race that my dad, who passed away recently, was with me. And as I approached the finish line, in my slowest time ever running a race, I knew that today was a great accomplishment. I won't be doing this again without training but I'm glad that I was able to get out of my comfort zone and just run, run for a great cause and confront some of life's adversities.

No comments: