My Music (updated 10/05/10)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 3, 2010

Humbled

Ashli does an extremely good job at humbling her father. Just when I thought I was accomplishing much, working hard and putting in hard worked hours, I entered Ashli's dark lit room before bedtime. I walked toward her as she lay in her bed. I saw her little silhouette reaching for me in the dark and as I gave her some much needed hugs and kisses she humbled me. It dawned on me that she was waiting up for me at (10:15pm) while I was in the living room, having a friend troubleshoot a computer problem, via the phone. Her little cheeks moved towards mine and as she approached mine asked, "Did you read the note? I left it on my desk" I gave her a final kiss goodnight, took the note, closed the door and read the following:
What I would like to do. 1) Spend time with my dad by watching a movie with popcorn, pizza, and soda. That would be the best day in a long time. We used to do that all the time too.
2) Spend time with my dad. (happy face).
I don't ever doubt or wonder how life would be without her... I already know. I'm thinking that dad is soon gonna' have the best damn popcorn and movie night that this kid has ever seen.

No comments: