I opened my mail the other day and was touched by a letter from a dear friend of mine who served with me on my mission 13 years ago. The following words are a testimony why people should always strive to make good impressions and treat people well, because some day it just might come back to you when you least expect it.
"This is your long lost New York companion here. I've had this painting of Jesus since Plattsburgh (New York).
It is your picture that you threw away. I am pretty sure threw it away because I made some comment about it being a "Catholic" painting, or something like that. I saw you had thrown it away and I pulled it out of the trash and put in my scriptures, where it has been since.
I am sorry that I said something that made you feel that you needed to get rid of it. I was wrong. There was never anything wrong with the painting; if there was anything wrong, it was me. The funny thing is, that exact painting hung in my Ward (church) building the whole time I was growing up. And, I have that exact size of the painting in a popsicle-stick frame that my Primary teacher gave me; on the back it says, "Jesus Loves Darrell."
So, your painting is finally home.
Your brother,
DF
It's wonderful how a simple letter; sharing moments from the past could re-unite a friendship and bring tears of joy to ones' eyes. I love you too DF...and I always will.
Armando
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment