I have to tell the story again. When I was younger my father used to take me out to the ballgame at Candlestick Park (San Francisco). I would bring my glove and tell my father and grandpa, "Today is the day that I catch a ball". As re-occurring visits to the ballpark resulted in unsuccessful attempts, we ended up at a ballgame against the Atlanta Braves. This time I had forgotten my glove, but not my hopes. And then it happened. Terry Pendleton hit a shot to right field during batting pra
This is my story in a nut shell, but as I told Ashli the story in details, her eyes became attentive as we walked towards the gates at the New York Yankee-Seattle Mariner game at Safeco Field as if she had a similar experience to look forward to. She was excited about the prospect of "getting" a ball like dad when he was her age. I chuckled as I saw her little aspirations and hopes. Again, I was humbled, as within the first minute of locating our assigned seats, I hear a "thump" next to us. Surprisingly, a foul ball ended up next to our seats. The best part of snagging' this foul ball, was the smile radiating from Ashli's face as she was in augh, how quickly this happened as we just entered the ballpark. The moment was irreplaceable and she kept on pointing out the scuff marks where #29 from the Mariners had hit it. At that moment it hit me, how I am following in my father's footsteps...being a father, and passing on irreplaceable moments to my little one. Life is definitely good.
Yankees lost 4-1which made this experience even better!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment